Monday, December 11, 2006

Outward Bound School.

my very first OBS.
and probably my one and only one..

hah....too many mozzies and ants for me to take it.
my lastest updated count was 72.
Amazing eh?
i'm SHOCKED.

my left hand had about 20.
and so did my right.
the rest were scattered around my legs
to my ass... and my lower back.

i was wondering how they bit me since i DID wear track pants.
then...
andy told me that they actually are able to penetrate the clothing
AHHHHHHH
din help that my sister's track pants were a little thinner than those thick woolly ones.

so day ONE was the meet at punggol jetty.
the mozzies started attacking me from then on. =(
wenjie and i were in the group which was great.
too bad anna was separated. YUP..there were only 2 groups. of 14 each.
so we had to PADDLE across to UBIN from the JETTY.
gosh. i was expecting a ferry ride larz.
luckily i had breakfast.
so we did managed to survive the paddling then it was settling down FOR AWHILE.
before kayaking to our FIRST campsite.
I HATE KAYAKING.

FIRST CAMPSITE was some old former granite quarry...by the sea.
it was terrible.
had to cook in the dark.
pee in the woods.
take powder baths
and sleep on hard pokey granite rocks.
i wanted to scream...
i could see sengkang from where i was...
HOME~!!!!!!
and so that night was a very hard nite rest on sharp rocks poking my back
with ants and mozzies attacking my FEET and hands.

woke up to a really cold morning on DAY 2
burnt my baobei sailing cap while trying to warm it by the fire. -damn sad can-
it was THE cap that i u-turned during a race to pick it up when the wind blew it off my head.
day 2 was also the sea expedition.
we went along the jelutong swamp
which means we got stuck at mangroves.
meandered along lotsa meanders.
got lost.
and finally exited at the northern part of ubin.
kayaked the entire north and western part of the island back to OBS.
never felt happier to see OBS.
finally got to take a shower and set of trekking to our next campsite.

will continue later....
starting to feel it's a little LOooooooong.....

No comments: